Tubular Falling Film Evaporator
Our aim is to bring benefits to the chemical/process industry with practical advice backed by extensive factory-based knowledge and process automation. We have modified the conventional evaporation systems by modifying the evaporator design, developing efficient bleeding system from the evaporator bodies and developing flashing system with maximum flash recovery thus attaining high energy efficiency & reduced steam consumption.
These evaporators have long tubes and are most suitable for low temperature applications. In falling film evaporators uniform distribution of liquid in each tube is the most important feature for efficient performance.
SED designed FFE are highly cost effective with optimized feature designing.
Tubular Falling Film Evaporator Types:
- FFE with external entrainment separator.
- FFE with inbuilt entrainment separator.
Efficient Distribution of liquid:
We provide FFE with hi-tech distributor design with the following features:
- Non-choking distributor design.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Easy installation and alignment of distributor.
- Uniform flow in each tube ensuring high wetting rate and increased heat transfer coefficient.
- Top cover with hinge assembly for easy maintenance of distributor.
Compact entrainment separator, internal or external depending upon the vapours capacities.
Heating tubes :
- Corrosion resistant Stainless Steel tubes.
- Hassle free tube replacement.
- For optimum steam distribution baffles are provided.
High Heat Transfer Coefficient:
Higher heat transfer coefficient due to uniform wetting rate and formation of thin film.
Easy process control with fully automated system:
Consistent concentrated product is obtained when equipped with well designed automated control system. Convenient manual or auto online cleaning, troubleshooting and various other features.
Application in sugar industry:
In sugar industry multi-effect evaporation is carried out in Robert bodies conventionally. We are the pioneer to implement FFE successfully in cane sugar industry with following benefits gained by the industry:
- Thin and even juice film.
- Nonexistent of hydrostatic head.
- No tube deformation.
- Substantially reduced entrainment.
- Low sugar inversion / losses & better juice quality with low color.
- Multi-effect arrangement ensuring steam economy: We make it possible to install FFE even up to fifth effect in cane sugar industry.