SED has designed innovative & efficient direct contact molasses conditioners ensuring perfect dissolution of crystals without addition of water and by using heat content of NCG / low pressure vapours and achieved major savings in steam and power in sugar plants.
Trouble free operation:
- No stirrer required thus no troubles associated with using mechanical stirring system like motor alignment, tripping of motor, lubrication etc., which is a big problem with traditional molasses conditioners.
- No flooding.
- Can handle fluctuating vapour pressures.
- Compact inbuilt static mixer with no mechanical agitation.
- Corrugated shell with strong structured deflectors.
- Light weight Stainless Steel construction.
- 0-1°C approach temperature.
- Variable applications (vacuum or pressure).
Least dilution of molasses:
- No water addition but only low pressure vapours required for conditioning.
High heat transfer:
- Efficient direct contact with vigorous mixing.
- Monitoring of process parameters with full automation.
- Default switchover to manual mode.
- Utilizes heat content of NCG (otherwise going waste).
- Reduces the exhaust steam consumption by 1% on cane.
- No / Low pumping power requirements.
Other notable features:
- Flexible installation; on pan floor or at centrifugal station.
- No cleaning required.